Sunday 22 May 2011

Mississippi Delta

Saturday 21st May - MISSISSIPPI

The plan was to drive from Lorman up to Clarksdale along the Mississippi river taking in some sights and stopping along the way.  First of all, the Mississippi has flooded and closed some roads so we had to detour, a lot. Secondly, if you ever get the chance to stop off in Vicksburg for lunch like we did, DON'T.  There is bugger all to see, unless there is flooding and the train station is a few feet under water, then there is stuff to see, but it's all under water so there's still not much point in stopping.
It was a pretty drive though, some of it I even drove (my first time behind and american wheel).  I thought I did pretty good at staying on the right side of the center line though according to Leon I spent a lot of time driving on the grass verve too.  Made it here alive and unscratched though do its all good.  More driving for me tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment